This is our front door. I made the wreath yesterday and we sport the Gator flag to pledge our family's allegiance to the Gator nation! I also have an After Eight Oriental lily, but it's kind of hiding behind the holly bushes.
This is the view from the living room. The Powder bath is to the left. I was so excited to finally try out the tutorials on Pinterest showing how to make a picture wall. It turned out just the way I imagined with no extra holes! I really love it!
This is our main living area. This townhome has a very open feel to it. Sitting on the couch, you can see all the way to the back window, which overlooks the backyard. We bought the rug from Home Goods in Dayton, OH and J and I both love it! I was kind of shocked when he liked it as much as I did, but I certainly wasn't going to argue!
I posted on Facebook that I had found awesome yard sale items at a neighbor's house. Both of the items are fitting in quite "cozily" in our new place. One of them was this mahoghany end table that I absolutely adore. Some of J's coworkers came over to help us unpack, and this beauty was very affectionately referred to as "my precious". Originally I intended to add her to the sitting area in our master bedroom, however, the cream color fit in so well in our living room that she'll be at home there, instead. Although I was able to snag her for only $10, she has brought a lovely shabby chic feel to our living room.
This picture is the wall in our dining room. J's grandmother inspired me to have plate wall in our home. She was an amazing artist and painted the plate in the upper right hand corner. It is really beautiful and has lattice work around the edges. On another note, the actual dining table will make it's appearance in the next set of pics. This week was so busy with art projects and getting estimates for a fence that my orderly table setting has slid slowly, yet surely, downhill. So look for those in House Pics: Part 2.
So here is the other yard sale item I found. The window on the fireplace. I would like to do something more with the window at a later date, but for now I just kind of accessorized it on our fireplace. I'm happy with it. I haven't decided what to put in my floor basket yet. Any suggestions?
Powder Bath on the main floor. Avery helped accessorize with all the green touches.
The next two pictures are of our Master Bedroom. I cannot say how much I like this room. It is wonderful! To the right of our bed, past the screen is a sitting area, which you can see in the second pic. We are going to make that into a reading/scrapbooking area. It is such a nice space! Right now, it's a work in progress, as you can see we are in desperate need of an extra bookshelf. I can't wait to see the finished product, I know it's going to be amazing. The sitting area is also going to be the home to our wood pallet table, another project from pinterest.
I suppose you could call this one a sneak peek of the kitchen? I picked up these plants during our mother's day outing. They are called succulents and you use them to make a dish garden, which I had no idea of what that was. So, like anyone else would, I grabbed a few and searched on pinterest when I got home. These little guys have a shallow root structure and tend to be pretty hardy plants. And you can plant them in any "dish". Even a cereal bowl! Once again, I headed to Home Goods and found this really cute footed bowl. It now sits on the windowsill in my kitchen. So theres your preview! ;) I promise my kitchen will be cleaned and ready for pics at some point this weekeend.
Here is the boys' room. It was such a work in progress! One word of advice when moving: don't let your kids unpack their clothes! My boys unpacked their clothes and the clothes from their suitcases while we stayed in the hotel. This resulted in a "nice" mixture of clothes heaped up in all corners of their "charming" little bedroom! It was really a beast to dig out of ! J, being the fabulous husband that he is, washed all of their clothes and folded them while he was on leave this week. I love him so much for that!! Really!Finally, here is the kids bathroom. Double sinks, which is awesome! The one thing I can say is that I wish there were more towel racks in this house. Aside from that, I really love the bathrooms.
So there you have it, Part 1 of our new place. I will definitely get more pics up in the next couple weeks. We are starting to settle in and our new house is definitely feeling like home. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment